For more than 16 years, from their home in the Port of Monaco, AqvaLuxe Yachts have helped hundreds of customers find their dream yachts with a friendly, personal-touch, offering a wide range of services: sales, brokerage and charter of new and pre-loved, luxury motor-yachts.
AqvaLuxe Yachts approached us to design and build an all-new, bespoke, responsive website to replace their existing version which was, after 5 years, beginning to feel dated.
- Dates: June 2016 - November 2016
- Live Site: http://www.aqvaluxeyachts.com/
Visual Design, UI Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, Front-End Build, Database Design & Admin, Back-End Development
After researching what was lacking from the existing version, understanding what AqvaLuxe wanted from their new site and what luxury-conscious users expected, we set about producing a responsive design with three key goals in mind:
- Provide a beautiful and clean visual presentation of their yachts
- Key yacht details to be front-and-centre
- Making it easy for users to contact AqvaLuxe with prominent calls to action
In addition, the site should reflect the luxury and elegance of the yachting industry in Monaco coupled with a modern style, giving the impression of a well-established company. It should also maintain the friendly, boutique, personalised and hand-picked feel to which AqvaLuxe customers have become accustomed and which best fits their lifestyle. And of course, it should work across all devices.
Why Sticky Pixel?
We were introduced to AqvaLuxe after completing the website for the Cluster Yachting Monaco, of which they are members. Having seen the style and quality of the result, Alex Treleani, AqvaLuxe’s owner, was keen for us to deliver something equally as strong for him.
Our Scope of Work
For this project, AqvaLuxe Yachts provided us a diverse library of photos and the content for the yacht descriptions. Our focus was on choosing the representative images and displaying the content nicely, delivering a beautiful and responsive experience for the users, including:
- Produce a responsive design for the website, based on strong hero images, creating the concept of a luxurious brand.
- Setup and customisation of WordPress using extensive custom fields to turn it in to a fully-fledged CMS. This also provides admin users an easy way to update content, add yachts and add images.
- Creation of a bespoke, responsive WordPress theme
- Creation of an onsite search engine for seeking out the perfect yacht
- Presenting their yachts using many, high-quality photos as well as detailed descriptions with well-structured information. The reasons for doing this were firstly to entice users to contact AqvaLuxe and secondly to ensure that users have a relatively accurate indication of what they can expect when arriving at their yacht.
“We wanted a website that clearly demonstrates how, through being sensitive to our customers’ lifestyle and aspirations, we are able to offer them such a great, personalised and luxurious yachting experience. Sticky Pixel understood perfectly the image we wanted to create and delivered a beautiful website, highlighting our core principles of being a boutique and professional company.” Alex Treleani, Owner of the AqvaLuxe Group of Companies
“One of the main purpose of this website was to get a more direct visual impact within our clients and Sticky Pixel did a great job. In addition to the site our users see, the administrative parts are also well structured meaning we can quickly and easily add and update new yacht listings.” Agata Grillo, Charter Manager